If there’s one thing we know about Robin Williams, it’s that he offered some amazing words of wisdom – from himself, and from his character’s personalities, too.
Born in 1951, the inspiring actor was a force to be reckoned with, starring in film after film and becoming a household name. After taking his own life in 2014, his words continue to resonate with thousands across the globe.
We’ve comprised a list of some of our favourite quotes, whether it be from Robin Williams or one of his many wonderful characters.
1. I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone. – Worlds Greatest Dad
2. You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.
3. I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy.
4. Please, don’t worry so much… Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. – Jack
5. You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all. – Dead Poets Society
6. We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. – Dead Poets Society
7. Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.
8. You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you’ll win, no matter what the outcome. – Patch Adams
9. But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be. – Dead Poets Society
10. To be free. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world.
11. There’s three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer. – The Fisher King
12. The things we fear the most have already happened to us. – One Hour Photo
13. Death – to blink for an exceptionally long period of time. – Patch Adams